PREPARING FOR THE NEW ENGLISH ORDER OF MASS
For Directors and Assistant Directors of Diocesan Liturgical Commissions
November 22-24, 2011
Venue: Paul VI Institute of Liturgy
Under the Auspices of the Episcopal Commission on Liturgy
Arrival: November 21
No Registration Fee
In his address to Vox Clara on April 28, 2010 Pope Benedict XVI said that with the approval of the new English translation of the Roman Missal, a new task presents itself, “the task of preparing for the reception of the new translation by clergy and lay faithful. Many will find it hard to adjust to unfamiliar texts after nearly 40 years of continuous use of the previous translation. The change will be introduced with due sensitivity, and the opportunity for catechesis that it presents will need to be firmly grasped”.
The aim of the seminar is to discuss ways and means to prepare for the implementation of the new English translation of the Order of Mass on the First Sunday of Advent 2012. The organizers suggest that catechetical modules in CD/DVD for different audiences should be prepared and request the liturgy directors to participate in the work.
1. The Contents of the Catechesis: Fr. Anscar J. Chupungco, OSB
2. Preparing a Catechetical Module for Clergy and Seminarians: Fr. Genaro Diwa
3. Preparing a Catechetical Module for Liturgical Assemblies: Msgr. Florencio Salvador
4. Preparing a Catechetical Module for Lay Liturgical Ministers: Fr. Virgilio Hernandez
5. Preparing a Catechetical Module for Schools: Dr. Josefina Manabat
That in all things God may be glorified.